JEWISH FAMILY SERVICES OF DELAWARE (JFS)
Jewish Family Services, founded on Jewish values and philosophies, offers guidance and direction for all populations in our community. Created in 1899 as a resource for Jewish immigrants adjusting to American society, the agency has grown into a full-time social service agency. Located throughout New Castle County in Wilmington, Newark and Claymont, with a staff of 14 (including 10 clinicians, volunteer coordinator, communications officer, Media Matters program coordinator, two insurance billers and two bookkeepers), the agency serves more than 3,700 individuals each year. Troubled adolescents, single parents, individuals and families, elderly people struggling to maintain their independence, and émigrés are a sampling of people who rely on the care and expertise provided by JFS.
The agency is fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children and is certified by Delaware's Division of Family Services as a parent education provider for divorcing parents and children of divorce.
The agency is open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Wednesday from 9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m., and Friday from 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Appointments may be scheduled by calling the office. Counseling services are covered by most insurance groups. Fees are charged on a sliding scale, if applicable.
99 Passmore Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
288 E. Main Street
Newark, DE 19711-7311
BOARD & STAFF
Dory Zatuchni, LCSW
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Stephen Tanny, JFS Board President
Natalie Woloshin, 1st Vice President
Alan Horowitz, 2nd Vice President
Roberta Levine, Secretary
Steven Ogintz, Treasurer
Jill Engel Flambaum, Past President
Barbara Blumberg, Lynne Ellick, Marla Eskin, Adam Levinson, Sue Levinson, Chuck Marcus, Fredda Pennock, Kathryn Pincus, Frederick Rosner, Bryan Schwartz, Gael Szymanski, Lisa Dadone-Weiner, Dr. Neil Woloshin
Community Education & Outreach - The Kimmel-Spiller Healing Center
Lisa Driban, Volunteer Coordinator
Sandra Edmondson, Receptionist
Michelle Kramer-Fitzgerald, Communications Officer
Esther Schatz, Insurance Specialist
Kurt Martin, Technology Specialist
JFS SERVICES & PROGRAMS
Confidential, affordable counseling and psychotherapy available for adults and families, children and adolescents, and older adults/adults with disabilities. With The Relationship Center counseling offices in both
For more information contact (302) 478-9411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Assessments for older adults and the physically challenged
• Guardianship services
• Special support services including housekeeping
• Émigré services
Community Education & Outreach
• Healing Hearts®—JFS staff are trained to offer this co-parenting seminar for separated/divorced parents and their children (certified by Delaware’s Family Court)
• B.A.B.E.S®—JFS staff are trained to offer this substance abuse prevention curriculum for children ages 3 to 6, presented through the use of puppetry.
• Media Matters—A hands-on, technology-based workshop that teaches students to create positive media messages using digital video-production software. Course content can be geared toward adolescent or adult students.
• All-Occasion Gift Baskets & Mitzvah Basket Rentals
For more information or to make an appointment, contact (302) 478-9411 or email@example.com.