Welcome to Jewish Federation of Delaware, where the Jewish values of compassion, charity, generosity and responsibility inspire us to improve the quality of life for people in our community, in Israel and in over 70 countries every day.
Federation is the PEOPLE WHO CARE enough to want to perfect an imperfect world.
Federation is the PASSION OF COMMITMENT, where Charity (Tzedakah) and a sense of SOCIAL JUSTICE (Tikkun Olam) can MAKE A DIFFERENCE in someone's life.
OUR MISSION is to mobilize the Jewish Community to address issues, meet needs and build an agenda for the future.
OUR VISION is to bring Jewish people together into a community coalition, grounded in Jewish teaching and heritage, to strengthen the State of Israel, the Global Jewish Family and Local Organizations in order to further the survival of the Jewish people.
The Jewish Federation of Delaware is looking to hire an experienced Staff Accountant to provide financial and administrative support to the organization, to perform a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with a significant focus on accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and donor database management.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and abilities (click on job title for the full list):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with a concentration of accounting
• At least five (5) years of experience in a similar position
• Nonprofit experience preferred
• Strong general ledger reconciliation background
• Knowledge of accounting techniques and procedures relevant to non-profit accounting
• Proficient with Word, Outlook, Excel, and an intuitive ability to learn new applications
• Excellent verbal and communication skills to communicate with employees and outside vendors
• Excellent interpersonal skills and highly customer service oriented
• Strong analytical capabilities, combined with problem solving, to monitor financial data and interpret financial policies and procedures
• Detail oriented and must take pride in ownership of work with high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work on multiple projects effectively and meet deadlines
• Be engaged in the organization and provide other departments support when necessary
• Must have a heart for the mission of the organization
The Jewish Federation of Delaware offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, long-term disability, life insurance and paid time off.
Interested candidates can email email@example.com with their cover letter, resume, and required salary range.